Moving and Handling for First Aiders
|Moving and Handling for First Aiders||Half day|
This course builds upon the existing knowledge and skills of the first aider, enabling them to safely move casualties in emergency situations.
First of all, learners are introduced to the principles of moving and handling, including health and safety considerations. Various moving and handling manoeuvres are then demonstrated and practised.
- Personal safety, health and dignity when moving a person
- Warming up and The Power Position
- Functional mobility
- Communication with the patient
- Assisted shuffle
- Assisted sit-to-stand and stand-to-sit
- Assisted walking
- Coached floor-to-stand
- How to use a transfer board
- Safe use a of wheelchair
- How to use an evacuation chair
- How to use a slide sheet
- Recovery Position
- Manual In-Line Stabilisation (MILS)
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Moving and Handling for First Aiders certificate which is valid for three years.